Skip to main content

The Children’s Society’s: EU Settlement Scheme free support in the North East

EuroZoom UK
Date added
10 September 2019

Are you from the EU / EEA and living in the UK? Or are you a non EU/EEA family member of an EU citizen in the UK? You need to apply for the EU settlement scheme (EUSS), to be able to continue living, working and studying in the UK after it leaves the EU (Brexit).

The Children’s Society are providing support and advice for all EU / EEA nationals living in the North East, to help with completing EUSS applications.

Our service is free, and we have interpreters available if required.

Drop in details

Newcastle:  Mondays, 1pm-4pm (except bank holidays) at Brunswick Methodist Church, Brunswick Place, NE1 7BJ
Sunderland: Tuesdays, 1-4pm at Sunderland Bangladesh International Centre, 30 Tatham St, Sunderland SR1 2QD
Gateshead: Thursdays, 1-4pm at The Hub (Family Church), Swan St, Gateshead NE8 1BQ
If you can’t attend the drop in, we also have appointments available. Please contact us if would like to book an appointment.

What do you need to bring?

Your email address and phone number.
Photographic national ID (national passport / national ID card / Biometric residence card);
• Children’s Birth Certificates (if relevant)  
Proof of residency in the UK (National insurance number). If you don’t have one, you need letters to prove your addresses for the time you’ve been in the UK {this could be council tax letters / bank statements / tenancy agreements etc.);
Proof of relationship with your dependents (eg: child birth certificate ; child benefit letter ; marriage certificate)

Contact details

If you need any further information, you can contact us on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call on 0191 349 9481, or see our website.


Related articles